Life is extremely busy for me, but I wanted to pass along this really cool story.  Colorado is tossing around the idea of reintroducing the wolverine to the state.  The last time a wolverine was in Colorado was 1919, before a lone wander found his way into the state last year.  Climate change is threatening these guys, and Colorado officials think the state offers a good habitat for them to thrive.  Check out the story, it is worth the read.

I think that would be great ,but I can't believe the naysayers will not try to mess this up like they usually do. Colorado has a big "not in my backyard" contingent.

Bigerrfish

Amen to that Jay! I say bring on the animals, find the balance that colorado will support. That includes that little balance of man an animal, creating subjects like these. There is still that problem of the former lonestar popin off varmits in his new back yard.

Casey

I wonder if they should just put a protected status on them and then just let them be. I'm betting they will reintroduce themselves, and there won't be a dollar amount attached to them in all the press releases. Turns people off.

Bears and cougars are being seen more in Iowa the last few years, why not wolverines in CO?

They've successfully reintroduced moose and lynx. Why not wolverines and grizzly. Might teach some people to respect their habitat a little more.

Stephanie, you'll love the moose.

The cost involved doesn't bother me, but I know it does many. I am with cofisher, I am all for reintroduction of native species. It is because of us they are gone in the first place.

I saw a young moose when I was visiting in September; moose are the things I am most looking forward to spotting.

This is my first time reading this post. I would definitely agree with comment #1, by HOWARD. I think Josh (Bigerrfish) was a little confused in his comment… but I would gladly take credit for Howard's comment. As a naturalist, I say let the wild go back to being the wild as much as we can. Wolverines rock!

Bigerrfish

Sorry Jay, I had you guys mixed up for a bit. I blame screen names blog names and real names plus names of flies and crap..
Sorry Howard and Jay!